On April 16, 1916, the cornerstone was laid for the building of our historic byzantine edifice of SS Constantine and Helen Cathedral in Brooklyn. To commemorate this event, on Sunday, April 17, 2016, we celebrated a Hierarchical Divine Liturgy officiated by His Grace Bishop Sevastianos of Zela.
A memorial was held for all the deceased Members of the Board of Trustees, members of Philoptochos and the Founding Fathers of our Cathedral.
At the end of the Divine Liturgy a blessing of the newly refurbished cornerstone also took place. A brunch was prepared by one of our own A. Fantis Alumnus chef Maria Tampakis. Maria along with her mother Michelle Tampakis donated their time and talents to help make this event a huge success.