New York.- (GreekNewsOnline)
Seven members of the Greek Government – including Minister of Finance Christos Staikouras and Minister of Development & Investments Adonis Georgiadis – along with the CEOs of the four Greek Systemic Banks and leaders of major Greek companies and U.S. investors, will participate at the “21st Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum” – “Greece is Back” that will take place in New York City on Monday, December 9, 2019. This is an International Summit about Greece in New York organized in cooperation with the New York Stock Exchange and major global investment banks.
At the “Leadership Award Dinner” that will take place in the evening at the Union League Club in New York, U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur L. Ross will be the keynote speaker. John Paulson, President & Portfolio Manager of Paulson & Co. will receive the “2019 Capital Link Hellenic Leadership Award”.
Founded in 1995, Capital Link is a New York based investor relations, financial communications and advisory firm with a strategic focus on the maritime, commodities and energy sectors, MLPs, as well as Closed-End Funds and ETFs.
With a 21-year track record of success, the Forum traditionally attracts well over 1,000 senior executives – government and business leaders from Greece, Europe and the United States, and top executives from the investment, financial and business communities.
Given the renewed interest of the business and investment community for Greece, this year’s forum will attract record attendance; it will allow the international investment community to familiarize itself with the priorities of the new government and will highlight the new opportunities in Greece and its attractiveness as an investment and business destination.
A press release issued by “Capital Link” says “GREECE IS BACK! With a new government which has solid parliamentary majority and popular mandate coupled with a clear, realistic and business friendly strategy, Greece is expected to embark on a solid growth trajectory. Foreign investments are of critical significance for the re-launching of the economy. With a proven track record and wide acceptance within the business, financial and investment communities, the Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum offers the perfect timing to communicate the proper message to a wider and highly targeted audience, enhance investor interest and confidence and help attract foreign investments”.
This year’s Forum will be honored by the participation of:
H.E. Haris Lalacos, Ambassador of Greece to the United States will deliver the Opening Remarks to the Forum.
H.E. Kyriakos Mitsotakis, Prime Minister, Hellenic Republic, will deliver the Government’s message to the international investor Community via webcast.
Seven Greek Government Officials:
• H.E. Christos Staikouras, Minister of Finance, will be the morning keynote speaker and will deliver keynote remarks on: “Government Economic Policy & Objectives”,
• H.E. Adonis Georgiadis, Minister of Development & Investments, will be the luncheon keynote speaker,
• H.E. Harry Theoharis, Minister of Tourism, will be the keynote speaker of the section: “Tourism – Investment & Business Opportunities”,
• H.E. Ioannis Plakiotakis, Minister of Maritime Affairs & Insular Policy, will be the keynote speaker of the section: “Greece as a Logistics & Transportation Hub – Greece a Global Maritime Force”,
• H.E. Yannis Tsakiris, Deputy Minister of Development & Investments, will be the keynote speaker of the section: “Large Projects Transforming Greece – Business & Investment Opportunities”,
• H.E. Gerassimos Thomas, Deputy Minister of Environment & Energy, will be the keynote speaker of the section: “The New Landscape in Energy & Utilities – Greece as an Energy Gateway”,
• H.E. George Zavvos, Deputy Minister of Finance, Responsible for the Financial System, will be the keynote speaker of the section: “Banking Sector – Strategy & Sector Outlook”.
GREEK DAY AT NYSE
On Tuesday, December 10th, 2019, Capital Link will celebrate “Greek Day at the New York Stock Exchange” where the Greek Delegation, Greek companies listed on the NYSE and companies which participated in the forum will ring the Closing Bell at the New York Stock Exchange, an event of unique visibility throughout the world. The event will be broadcast live on major news stations in the United States and abroad to an audience of millions of viewers worldwide.